Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blue Disco Dot Tote



I've been experimenting with some small design changes and have been really happy with the outcome. (Thanks Nicole for the inspiration!) Instead of having the small solid piece of fabric on the bottom I flipped things around and put it on the top. Then I added the embroidery to the top chocolate section. I loved how it left lots of dots but I was able to keep the focus on Taylor's name. The lining of this bag is chocolate with the blue dots at the pockets. I also used a super stiff and sturdy interfacing on the fabric. This bag totally stands on its own. So now there are two choices for interfacing... depending on how stiff you want your bag.

I also wanted to share with you a fun place to shop for fabric on the web. www.craftersvision.com has a excellent selection at a great price. I love the Michael Miller collection. His fabrics are so fun and versatile. He even has a laminated cotton available. It is regular cotton with a clear plastic laminate added to the front. I thought that it would be a great product to use for diaper bags that always seem to get dirty quickly. All you do is wipe with a damp cloth to clean. I will be playing with it soon, so watch for some new designs and fabric options.

BTW... this disco dot fabric also comes in pink and brown!

No comments: