Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crayon Roll



I made these the other day for my kids ages 3, 5 and 7, and they have loved them. They are the perfect travel case for crayons. I found the directions at Skip to my Lou . I made a few modifications including adding a Velcro closure instead of a ribbon. I wanted my kids who don't know how to tie a bow yet to still be able to open and close it easily. It holds 16 crayons and is approx 5" tall. I made one for my nephew yesterday and added his name on the outside. What a great gift for all those little artists.

2 comments:

Holly J said...

Adorable! I need to order two for Christmas gifts. I will be emailing you!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just admiring something very similar to this in a magazine the other day. Your creation seems much more custom and the velcro idea is perfect! Suzanne Daly told me about your pieces and she was right, they are beautiful! I really hope I win the give-a-way!!!

-Heidi Blair
Phoenix, AZ / Mamma of 3 cuties